- Who will be the winner of Solane Kitchen Hero Chefs’ Edition?
- Who has what it takes to be the newest culinary master of the Philippines?
The country find out as Solane, the leading LPG solutions brand, names the first-ever winner of the Solane Kitchen Hero Chef’s Edition, a nationwide cooking competition that aims to discover a new generation of local talented chefs. After a series of regional competitions, Solane has finally gathered a total of 15 talented chefs from all over the Philippines who will rustle up their best dishes at the competition’s grand finals which was held at Eton Centris in Quezon City, Metro Manila.
Solane Kitchen Hero travelled across Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao and found the 15 finalists who all represent their respective regions in the finals. The regional winners compete in the semi-finals where the top 5 qualifiers move on to the grand finals for the final cook-off to find out who among them will be hailed the champion of Solane Kitchen Hero Chefs’ Edition.
1. Solane Kitchen Hero Chefs’ Edition logo
2. NCR winner chef Wilfredo Peñafiel II
3. Region I winner chef Xavier Mercado
4. Region II winner chef Jan Daryl Doculan
5. Region III winner chef Marlon Manuel
6. Region IV-A winner chef McRhyan Rodrigo
7. Region IV-B winner chef Roberto Roldan
8. Region V winner chef Rommel Abion
9. Region VI winner chef Gil George Jucaban
10. Region VII winner chef Mario Semblante
11. Region VIII winner chef Jimmy Boy Basa
12. Region IX winner chef Roseller Fiel II
13. Region X winner chef June Rey Tunog
14. Region XI winner chef Alfonso Dolia
15. Region XII winner chef Chiko Cacanindin
16. Region XIII winner chef Paolo Lumbres
The culinary creations was judged by renowned chef and Solane Kitchen Hero ambassador Chef Sau del Rosario, bestselling author and Solane Kitchen Hero competition director Nancy Reyes-Lumen, along with other accomplished food experts and chefs. It will be based on the following criteria: 50% featured ingredients and 50% originality and creativity.
The winner of Solane Kitchen Hero Chefs’ Edition took home P100,000 and will embark on a culinary trip to Japan with customized stops at different food and drink destinations.
This exciting cooking contest is made possible with the support of dynamic organizations and brands championing the same passion for cookery in the country. STI serves as their official school partner while Midea is a co-presenter. Major sponsors are Masflex, Jolly, Jolly Heartmate Canola Oil, Dona Elena, and Dona Elena Al Dente. Minor sponsors are King Sue, Ajinomoto, Philtranco, Fastcat, Chef’s Garb, and National Bookstore.
To know more about Solane Kitchen Hero Chef’s Edition, visit Solane’s website www.solane.com.ph and Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/solane.ph/.