Dyson, a global technology company with engineering and testing operations in Malaysia, Singapore, the Philippines and the UK introduced Dyson’s most powerful, intelligent vacuum to the market last July 12,2019 at the Edsa Shangrila.
Introducing the Dyson V11™ Absolute cord-free vacuum
Senses. Adapts. Deep cleans.
• Intelligently optimises power and run time. Deep cleans anywhere.
• Up to 60 minutes fade-free floor cleaning with Dyson’s most powerful battery .
• Powered by the new Dyson digital motor V11.
• 20% more suction power than the Dyson Cyclone V10™ vacuum .
• LCD screen displays current cleaning mode and allows for easy mode switching between Eco, Auto and Boost.
• High Torque cleaner head with Dynamic Load Sensor (DLS) system to automatically adapt between carpets and hard floors.
• Captures 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns4.
Dyson unveiled a suite of machines that marry hardware and software to enable owners to control and personalise their environments. Among them was the Dyson V11™ cord-free vacuum, the result of more than a decade of cord-free vacuum and Dyson digital motor development. 315 engineers were involved in the project, with over 32,500 parts prototyped.
Three microprocessors on board the Dyson V11™ vacuum bring a new level of intelligence to the clean, monitoring performance up to 8,000 times a second. The microprocessors are located in the Dynamic Load Sensor inside the High Torque cleaner head; inside the Dyson digital motor V11; and inside the battery. These advances mean that suction automatically adjusts depending on floor type, and the owner can see how much runtime is remaining.
“We’ve been developing vacuums for over 25 years. The evolution never stops. With the Dyson V11™ cord-free vacuum our focus was not only on improving performance, but on adding intelligence to genuinely assist people’s cleaning.” James Dyson
High Torque cleaner head with Dynamic Load Sensor (DLS)
The DLS system, unique to the High Torque cleaner head, intelligently detects brush bar resistance up to 360 times a second and automatically communicates with the motor and battery’s microprocessors to change the suction power between carpets and hard floors. This enables carpets to be deep cleaned and runtime to be extended on hard floors.
The High Torque cleaner head is Dyson’s most powerful cord-free cleaner head ever. It features stiff nylon bristles that drive deep into carpet to remove ground-in dirt, and anti-static carbon fibre filaments that capture dust from hard floors and crevices. An integrated digital motor spins the brush bar up to 60 times a second.
Dyson engineers also devised a way to seal the High Torque cleaner head to the floor, by using a sealing bellow made of elastic polyurethane.
LCD screen intelligently reports in real time
The on-board screen shows current performance, including selected power mode and remaining run time, giving the user more control of their clean.
The screen also reminds the user when to clean filters for optimum performance, and informs them of any blockages and how to clear them. Thanks to sensor magnets embedded in the filter assembly, the screen can tell the user when the filter isn’t connected properly.
Up to 60 minutes of fade-free floor cleaning with Dyson’s most powerful battery2
Dyson’s most powerful battery pack has 7 larger, high-capacity cells with nickel-cobalt-aluminium cathodes to help deliver more suction power.
The Dyson V11™ vacuum’s battery and monitoring system work together to gauge how much run time is remaining. The system measures the cell capacity and uses an algorithm that ‘learns’ how the user’s machine works over time to calculate remaining runtime. The time displayed will take the cleaning mode, tool and floor type into account.
20% more suction power than the Dyson Cyclone V10™ vacuum3
Dyson engineers analysed every detail of the predecessor Dyson digital motor V10. In the new Dyson digital motor V11, which spins at up to 125,000rpm, a triple diffuser is used. The first two diffusers straighten airflow and reduce turbulence, helping to increase suction, while the third diffuser further reduces noise and improves acoustics.
The impeller – the part of the motor that actually drives the air – has redesigned blades that are longer and thinner to increase the area in contact with the air, without increasing the impeller’s mass. This creates a reduced loading on the blades per unit area, reducing air leakage and increasing the efficiency of air movement.
The impeller blade profile has also been redesigned, with each blade forming an ‘S’ shape to match the shape of the shroud in which the impeller sits. This enables a clearance of a fraction of a millimetre between the blade tips and the shroud, thus reducing air leakage and increasing efficiency.
Aerospace materials are found in the motor, including phenolic compound casing which is used in satellites and provides a high strength to weight ratio. The motor’s ceramic impeller shaft is cured at 1600C to make it 3 times stiffer than steel, but with half the density. 880 layers of paper-thin laminated steel generate the magnetic fields to spin the motor, while the motor’s impeller is made from Polyether Ether Ketone and carbon fibre composite found inside high-intensity pistons.
A pressure sensor within the Dyson digital motor V11 reports information back to the microprocessor. This enables the on-screen blockage reporting as a sudden, sharp drop in pressure indicates a blockage. And if a slower decline is detected, it indicates the filter needs washing.
Exposure to dust and allergens can affect wellbeing. The Dyson V11™ vacuum’s fully sealed filtration system captures 99.97% of particles as small as 0.3 microns4 expelling cleaner air. 14 cyclones generate forces of more than 79,000g to fling microscopic particles – such as pollen and bacteria – into the bin.
• The Dyson V11™ Absolute cord-free vacuum is available at the Dyson Demo at Greenbelt 5, SM Aura Premier, The Podium and major departmental and electrical stores at the recommended retail price of P49,500.
• The Dyson V11™ vacuum’s three cleaning modes are designed for a range of tasks. So the user has the right power, wherever they clean.
• Auto mode senses, adapts and deep cleans. It offers the optimum balance of power and run time and intelligently adapts to different floor types.
• Boost mode is designed for intensive cleaning of ground-in dirt, providing up to 5 minutes of the most powerful suction.
• Eco mode provides up to 60 minutes of run time, for longer cleans on all floor types2.
• ‘Point and shoot’ system makes bin emptying easy and hygienic.
• The High Torque cleaner head automatically adapts to different floor types when the machine is in Auto mode. The soft roller cleaner head is engineered for hard floors. It sucks up fine dust and large debris simultaneously.
• The mini motorised tool tackles hair and ground-in dirt in tight spaces, like the stairs or car.
For more details, do check out Dyson website
• The freedom of having no cord and the ability to switch from stick to handheld mode with one click makes it easy to capture dust and allergens from all around the home and car.